5 Steps to a Successful Social Media Strategy
Many company’s struggle to uncover how social media can be best applied to their business. We’ve highlighted a few key facts about the most prevalent social media platforms to help you determine which platform will provide your business the most ROI.
- Average person spends one minute per visit to the site.
- 60% of the audience is male.
- Used primarily for news, but Twitter is also on the forefront of video trends.
PRO-TIP: If you ask to be retweeted by spelling out “PLEASE RETWEET” it will increase the number of retweets by an average of 25%. PLEASE RETWEET us @TeamCarpathia!
TREND ALERT: Doubling the amount of charters from 120 to 240 gives businesses a chance to convey a more complete message!
- Fastest growing social media platform.
- Average person spends 15 minutes per visit to the site.
- 80% of users are from outside of the US.
PRO-TIP: For the greatest impact from paid advertising you must use the geo-target option.
TREND ALERT: Best platform to share your brand’s story by taking advantage of InstaStories and longer captions.
- Great site for inspiration but very difficult to use for real information; most images are attached to dead links.
- Audience is older than most other social media platforms.
- Higher percentage of female users than other social media platforms.
PRO-TIP: Pinterest is unlikely to drive customers to your business so think about allocating your resources to another platform.
- Average person spends 40 minutes per visit to the site.
- Ideal video length for a business is 1-2 minutes to ensure clients get value from the content without becoming too lengthy.
- 85% of videos are listened to on mute so consider creating content that will have impact without sound.
PRO-TIP: YouTube is a Google company and, as a result, is favored in Google search results
TREND ALERT: Video is quickly becoming one of the most important ways to communicate with clients. Currently, 78% of online traffic is video.
- Largest social media site with over 2 billion active users.
- Shown to be best for brands targeting an older audience.
- Only 15% of users are based in North America.
PRO-TIP: Facebook is a great platform to explore video advertising but, beware, 80% of users report videos that auto-play sound, leave them with a negative impression of your brand.
TREND ALERT: The ability for your brand to have organic reach has been steadily decreasing.
- Primarily a B2B platform and professional network.
- Drives more content to corporate website and blogs than any other network.
- Customers are up to 50% more likely to purchase after engaging with a company on LinkedIn. Visit our company page to meet our team!
PRO-TIP: When using LinkedIn for business development, you will get higher response rates when employees share content than if it’s shared directly from the company.
TREND ALERT: LinkedIn already has 300 million users with an ever-expanding global reach that is anticipated to continue along a rapid growth path.
The variety of social media platforms can be overwhelming to even the most experienced digital marketing professional. We hope you can use the information provided in this post to select a single platform to focus your resources on. Having a presence on multiple platforms does have a positive effect on your SEO, but creating great content with the right buzzwords on one platform will have a more significant impact than simply having multiple accounts.
Where to find Carpathia Summits Online
We focus on our website blog which is likely where you are reading this article. You can also find us @TeamCarpathia on Twitter & Instagram as well as on YouTube, LinkedIn, and Facebook by searching for Carpathia Marketing.